So far I have created a 60-page draft thesis of my research and presented at various academic conferences and events.
However I want this information to be more accessible to the public and non-academics. In this blog I will include parts of my thesis, case studies, recent incidents in the news, helpful outside sources, and most importantly give you all the chance to bring your insight and perspectives to this issue.
Here is the abstract for my thesis:
Black men are 13
times more likely than whites to be killed by police officers in the United States .
The gap in Black victims versus white victims has been steadily increasing as
evinced by decades of government reports. My research will address the high
instances of murders perpetrated by police against Black males. The lack of
legal consequences and regulation for police leaves the Black population in the
U.S.
vulnerable to state-sponsored violence. Anti-Black expression through lynching
and murders was once an extralegal practice. Now this has been transformed into
standard police practice that is witnessed and sanctioned by the State. Lethal
police violence is therefore a component of Anti-Black genocide in the United States .
No comments:
Post a Comment